Hello visitor, thanks for visiting our site. Are you aware, you are using an outdated browser, which is not secure for your computer?
Also, our website don't support your browser. Please, download a new browser, choose a alternative updated and secure browser for you
Click here to download: Browser Happy.
|Date Added: July 22, 2012 01:05:53 PM|
|Category: Business & Economy: Manufacturing|
|Manufacturing describes the process involved when raw materials in the varied natures undergo processing to come up with the final product. The process may involve machineries, simple tools or just labor force to facilitate. The process is also normally undertaken in large scale where the final product may also be required in the completion of another product for it to function independently.
Being that manufacturing is a broad term, there are the categories that it is differentiated in that are many in number but few include:
A. Engineering: this science art utilizes scientific knowledge from diverse perspectives in order to come up with varied designs or build machines and other diverse processes. Under this category are the following;
1. Manufacturing Engineering: deals in the varied machineries that transform raw materials to totally different finished products.
2. Production Engineering: encompasses expertise from manufacturing in conjunction with management science. An expertise in this field would therefore have vast engineering knowledge and the management challenges faced during production processes.
3. Process Engineering: dwells on computer based methods to deal in detail as to the detailed processes that are involved in the other engineering processes of production.
4. Industrial Engineering: Involves the development of the other engineering processes of production.
5. Biotechnology: This entails the use of living specimens to try out the varied production processes that may be in need of the samples used. Manufacturing processes too under this technology also require the final products from the use of the living organisms.
6. Emerging Technologies: these are latest advancements that technology has been able to experience and able to employ in the varied manufacturing processes.
7. Nanotechnology: this utilizes the use of different forms of matter in molecular and atomic state of their existence to come with desired or sort after solutions.
8. Synthetic Biology, Bioengineering: Synthetic biology uses biological research under the two principles of science and technology while bioengineering utilizes biological concepts to try and solve real life problems related to science using engineering knowledge.
B. Energy Industry: This entails all the processes that revolve around the production and sale of energy from its various sources of origin.
C. Metal Casting: Normally refers to the pouring of liquid mould into a hollow cavity to be able to come up with the desired shape in solid form after cooling and solidification have taken place. The end products would therefore require intense levels of heating to disfigure.
The three are just few among the many manufacturing categories that tend to take raw materials and through varied means of technological know how, be able to produce different end products. The process in the recent times is normally equated to the raw materials having gained value. The more the processed involved in the manufacture and the expertise employed, the end products is expected to cost much than what the actual raw material would have cost. The levels of production require different expertise all of whom are catered for by the returns got from the final product.